Saturday, September 18, 2010

ACV Does a Body Good

Growing a baby and giving birth really takes a toll on your body and since Oliver was born I have definitely been feeling sluggish and depleated. I mean geez....
 this kid has been sucking the nutrients outta me for over a year now!

So I did a little searching online for a natural way to boost my energy and promote overall wellness. And I found Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) an old-school folk remedy that helps to cure all sorts of ailments including allergies, sinus infections, acne, high cholesterol, acid reflux, arthritis etc, (the list goes on and on). www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/acvinegar.html
Basically I thought I would give it a whirl ...

 I have been drinking ACV tonics for about a week now. That's 2 tsp of ACV in 16 oz (500 ml) of water 3x a day and I squeeze a little lemon juice and agave to sweeten it up . At first it tasted like something died in my mouth but now I am used to the taste and use much less lemon and agave. And I must say I am feeling much better.
The lazy-dazy tired spells have gone away.


(the glass says impeccable taste which is a lie but you get use to it!)
 I use Braggs Organic raw ACV with the mother (the mother is what makes it work) http://www.bragg.com/ but any raw, unpasteurized ACV will do the trick (Braggs brand can be bought at Bulk Barn in Canada). I have also been adding a cup of ACV to my bath (I lurve a good bath!) and my skin feels awesome afterwards.
I haven't tried it yet but it is also good for your hair too...
I'll let you know the results in a couple of days.


So far so good, ACV is a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...