Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Imagination


Tonight, while I was tucking Oliver into bed (after we read the standard 5 storybooks) he told me to put the blanket around him not on him so the kangaroos couldn't get him. That's right he wanted a barrier around him for safety from the kangaroos (his words). He does have one book about kangaroos, it's actually about the life cycle of a kangaroo- very informative by the way...but I had no idea he was having nightmares from it! He often asks me to read it to him at night.

Now I can totally relate to the barrier for safety thing but not so much the kangaroos since I'm the type of person that needs to have blankets up over my neck at night and not just a flimsy little sheet. I'm talking a thick duvet. even in summer. even when it's hot as hell outside. I can't have my neck all out there... exposed! I'm not sure when that started actually that's a lie it started when I started having terrifying nightmare about snakes as a child. It's the same reason I ended up sleeping in the fetal position (fairly regularly) as to not have my feet hanging out there in no man's land at the bottom of the bed easily assessed by the imaginary snakes that may or may not attack them. Of course my mind had created an imaginary line of safety that these said snakes could not cross. a barrier.



The human mind is incredible. Now some would say our fears relate to past life experiences.
I wonder what crazy experience Oliver had with a kangaroo!
and yes he did doze off this weekend on the couch while playing on his 'special ipad from trandad'



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...