Tuesday, September 3, 2013

time to unplug?


ironically i seen the link to this article on facebook
and while I don't necessarily think you need to go to this extreme to revise your lifestyle....
it does raise some excellent points. Especially since having kids, 
they basically show you your every miss step in a big way. 
So you know when your 16 month old's top 5 words include ipad, it's time to unplug. 
A little at least, maybe starting with an hour or two at night. Maybe set times on the weekend. 
Not sure I'm ready or want to go back to 1986 (or more appropriately 1982) but taking things back to a more organic time does seem nice. Plus I would rather my kids have memories of me interacting with them rather than watching some device. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...