Thursday, April 10, 2014

feel the purge


Now that it's officially spring, I've got the urge to purge. 
No room in the house will be spared, no drawer overlooked. 
Clutter totally stresses me out. When things are super messy or unorganized which is all the time since having kids, I'm feeling like we need to get ruthless and let go of so many, too many things. 

here are a few of my rules Get Real. Get Rid- if it takes you like 5 or 10 minutes to dream up a scenario of when you could wear it or use it, lose it. If you utter the words, "I forgot I had this" then clearly you have lived your life just fine without it. Move on. Get organized and find it a home- if you can't then chances are it needs to go. Lastly, instead of mindlessly donating it to the closet bin, choose an organization you feel would benefit the most from it.

So I'm committing the rest of April to shaping up and cleaning out our house- so far I've packed up and donated 2 car loads of clothes, toys, books etc. And I'm excited to hit up the remaining rooms... especially the kitchen and pantry. This is an excellent time to take stock, re-arrange and move older items to front to get used up!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...