Tuesday, November 26, 2013

raspberry leaf tea


one of my favourite teas (and not just because I'm 37 weeks pregnant)
 is  raspberry leaf tea while it has a great reputation for benefits during pregnancy, this tea is beneficial to all women in any stage of life. As it's name suggests, it's made from the leaf of the raspberry plant, it's naturally high in magnesium, potassium, iron and b-vitamins and this specific combination of nutrients make it highly beneficial for women's reproduction health. 



In pregnancy it helps alleviate nausea, leg cramps and improves sleep while also strengthening the uterus and pelvic muscles which many claim lead to a shorter and easier labour. It is also recommended for women to increase fertility and helpful for couples trying to conceive. I've drank it throughout my pregnancies although I've found at times it made me crampy and then I would reduce my intake to a couple of times a week instead of daily. But always consult with your midwife or doctor before taking any herb while pregnant.

Pregnancy aside,  Raspberry Leaf Tea has been used for centuries as a folk medicine to treat an assortment of ailments including but not limited to:canker sores, cold sores, and gingivitis in persons of all ages and anemia, leg cramps, diarrhea, and morning sickness in pregnant women, and as a uterine relaxant. 

I've been a fan of raspberry leaf tea for some time, 
check out my other posts here , herehere and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...