Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Piddle Me This


We are officially potty training!
With great results some days and not so great results other days.
Again I need to thank my lucky stars for our incredible daycare provider Kelly!
Her expertise and consistent efforts paid off (again). Oliver has been going regularly at Kelly's house for a quite some time but wouldn't even go near the bathroom at our suggestion of trying the potty at home. Guy and I were getting a little antsy about the situation (ok ok mostly me). I think back to just after we had him and we were talking about milestones- when would he would roll over and sit up, crawl, walk and talk. We totally thought he would be potty trained at about 18 mths (because boys tend to be a little later starting than girls....). HA! We know nothing obviously while those may be realistic for some kids it certainly wasn't on the mark for us! He has even taken to going by himself now, "No ME do it, you go over there!" Finger pointing to the hallway. "Close the door!" he says. I guess I can respect the need for privacy, although I would like to remind him that I haven't privacy in the bathroom since he was born....Slowly but surely though we are conquering the potty hurdle.

So in honour of his "accomplishments" I have superhero undies for our super potty hero!


I just can't believe how grown up he is-2 1/2 going on 20 I tell you!
Is it weird that I am getting weepy over big boy undies?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...