Thursday, August 22, 2013

parenting fail


this morning was horrendous, 
not for any particular reason at first. Just some mornings are easy and everything comes together
 and some morning just don't. Cue today.

I start walking to the car with the kids, carrying Georgie, my lunch, diaper bag and Oliver's "train" bag that seems to make to trek to the babysitters daily. Halfway to the car it starts to down pour. Awesome. We scramble in, I climb in the back seat to try and minimize getting complete soaked. 
As we drive into town, the rain subsides so I decide to get a coffee at the drive thru, only for it to start raining and I mean like torrential rain, as I roll down my window. I get completed soaked, then the snotty girl at the window gives me attitude about getting a splash from the rain coming off my car. Yeah I know lady, the rain is pissing me off too, 
I don't need your attitude..... just my frickin' coffee THANKS!

Trying to get out of the parking lot is a total gong show and I mutter ' you of piece of crap' about some a-hole driver under my breath... only not under my breath enough because the super sonic 2000 hearing of my three year old picked it up immediately. You see three year olds are a lot like husbands when it comes to hearing, or more importantly selective hearing. They don't "hear" anything but the things you don't want them to. So after Oliver lectured me about using bad words all the way to the sitter's, he promptly told Kelly that I said ' piece of crap' and how bad it was. Then a fellow daycare kid and her mom came in to which Oliver immediately told them 
'my mom said piece of crap' 

So today- before the clock even made it to 8:00 am, I was the mom who said 'piece of crap'
Oh and as soon as I got to work the rain stopped and the sun came out. 
'piece of crap'

you win some, you lose some
Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...