Thursday, June 2, 2011

Rockin' Green

is Rockin' my world.
The last couple of weeks I have noticed that Oliver's diapers and covers weren't coming out as clean as they once had been. The covers were stinky after one diaper change (which was never the case before) I have been using Arm and Hammer perfume and dye free detergent or president's choice free nature since day one but something's changed.

I think it's the combination of detergent build up and Oliver's new potent toddler pee. (it really stinks!)
So I went to my trusty online cloth diaper shop and ordered these two little bags of heaven.



Bag #1 is FUNK ROCK ammonia bouncer -$18.00 for the bag, worth every penny. I put all the cloth inserts in a 30 min soak (in hot water) before I washed them with this..

Bag #2 is Rockin Green Soft Rock bare naked (unscented) $20/bag does 45 loads with a top loader and 90 loads with a front loader. Awesome for cloth diapers and regular laundry. 
I couldn't believe the difference. The diapers came out cleaner and whiter than ever! I could totally feel the difference, eight months of use, "regular" ole detergent and diaper ointment (not that I use much- I have only bought 1 tube of burt's bees in a year) had really taken it's toll. I didn't soak the covers like I did with the diaper inserts but I did add a bit of the Funk Rock to a pre-rinse cycle to bounce the funk on those as well.

My new laundry style plan of attack- is to add a little of the Funk Rock to each cold water pre-rinse (as per the directions) and then wash in hot using the Soft Rock (although I might try a scented one next time!) with a double cold water rinse.

I am even washing Oliver's clothes with it. I have the sweatiest kid alive, seriously it's crazy how much he sweats! His pores are constantly open and very sensitive, he gets little rashes and bumps all the time. Especially on his neck so washing his clothes and sheets with this natural detergent really helps those break outs.

To read about the cloth diapers we use click here and here

****Rockin Green Soap Canada will be offering 15% when they get 2000 fans on facebook*******

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...